Product: iRise Definition Center
Version: v10.2 only
The Definition Center crashes with a JRE error and the JVM generates a hs_err_pid log file in the folder x:\iRise\DefCenter\Tomcat with entries similar to the one below:
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
# Internal Error (sharedRuntime.cpp:834), pid=3504, tid=1316
# fatal error: exception happened outside interpreter, nmethods and vtable stubs at pc 0x00000000010c4130
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_45-b14) (build 1.8.0_45-b14)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.45-b02 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Core dump written. Default location: C:\iRise\DefCenter\Tomcat\hs_err_pid3504.mdmp
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
This is a known low level Java bug that was introduced with the Java version that was shipped with iRise v10.2.
Add the parameter -XX:-UseAESIntrinsics to the Tomcat service wrapper (monitor application) and restart the Definition Center service:
- Stop the Definition Center service.
- On the Definition Center server, open a command prompt.
- Navigate to x:\iRise\DefCenter\Tomcat\bin.
- Run the command:
- Select the Java tab
- Under the Java options tab, add the following line at the bottom:
- Start the Definition Center service.
- Configure the Tomcat service to restart automatically on crash. Follow the below article:
For further help, contact iRise Customer Support.
- This issue affects v10.2 On-Premise Definition Centers only. The fix has been applied to all v10.2 iRise Cloud instances automatically.
- This issue has been resolved in v10.5 and will not require this workaround - consider upgrading, as recommended by iRise.