The Widget Panel in Editor allows the user to pull pre-built widgets from Libraries and drop them on a screen. It's a time saving practice to create widgets with generic content that can be customized for characteristics like color, size, and label.
You can create Masters in Libraries for content such as logos and headers that get repeated over multiple pages. These appear in Editor when you create a new Master, and this avoids having to create a Master from scratch. Place the most common Masters that would be used in many projects in a a Library.
To create a widget in your library
- Create or edit your library project in Editor (located in the 'Libraries' folder).
- Click on the + (Add) button and select 'Widget'.
Widgets - appear in the widgets panel in Editor.
Masters - appear when creating a new Master in Editor
- Name your new widget in the Settings tab in the right-hand panel (it will be named 'New Widget' by default).
- Create your widget content. You can add triggers and actions to make the widgets interactive. Consider grouping the widgets you use to make them more usable.
To use a Widget from a Library
- In the project that you wish to add the widget too, click on the + (Add) button and select 'Widget' in the 'Add New' window, and select the project that contains the widget you created in your Library project.
Note: ensure you assign appropriate permissions to your project if you want other users to access your library project. Tip: assign the Everyone group if you want all users to access the library project.